From the courtroom to the boardroom, Linda Swindling, JD, CSP, knows firsthand about engaging in high-stakes communications, negotiating workplace drama, and influencing decision makers. Her specialty is helping people communicate powerfully so that others will listen.
With a talk show host’s timing and rock star facilitation, Linda is quick on her feet, funny, and customizes to get your message heard.
Linda first addressed negotiation and workplace communication issues as a successful lawyer and a mediator. Now a “recovering” attorney, Linda has been named “one of the country’s top experts on communications” by the Network for Executive Women and “an expert on bargaining” by American Way magazine.
A Certified Speaking Professional and frequent media guest, Linda’s was selected as a TEDxSMU speaker in Dallas, Texas. She is author/coauthor of 20 books including The Manager’s High-Performance Handbook, Stop Complainers and Energy Drainers, and Ask Outrageously! Linda is current, practical, fun, and engaging. Thats why her clients bring her back again and again.
Ask Outrageously! The Secret to Getting What You Really Want
Ever find yourself on the edge of doing something phenomenal and wondering if it is the right decision and the right time? Would you like to increase your executive presence and power? What if you could show up powerfully no matter how high the stakes?
In a culture that encourages sensitivity and “good” manners, you need tactics and strategies to show up powerfully to negotiate for the best deals at work and in life with confidence and integrity. It’s possible to achieve breakthrough results just by asking. Based on research for her new book, this fun and engaging program will leave you with strategies to:
• Ask for what you really want.
• Show up powerfully so others will listen.
• Reach winning results with integrity and confidence.
• Improve your outcomes when the results really matter.
• Create significant connections with key people and attract support for your ideas.
Positively Negotiate Work Drama to Get More Done
Constant Complainers take up resources, time and mental bandwidth in the workplace. When you change a culture of complainers to one of contributors, you boost morale, increase productivity, and promote effective communication. In short, you get more done with less drama.
Based on Linda’s book, Stop Complainers and Energy Drainers, this fun keynote provides negotiation strategies to:
• Identify and negotiate with specific energy drainers in your work environment.
• Self-assess to determine when you can be a complainer and how to stop it.
• Get more done with less drama.
• Implement the #1 way to stop a Whiner.
• Use concrete phrases and strategies to turn constant Complainers into productive Contributors.
Drive High Performance: How to Achieve Winning Results with Everyone on Your Team