Click to watch Mary’s preview video
Mary Kelly is an internationally renowned author and keynote speaker in leadership, productivity, and business growth. In 21 years as a Navy intelligence and logistics officer, Mary trained more than 40,000 military and civilian personnel.
Mary discovered the need to make the principles of leadership, communication, and business growth available leaders at all levels of organizations. Mary has dedicated her career core business tenants that engage employees and develop better leaders.
Mary holds a B.S. from the U.S. Naval Academy, master’s degrees in both in Economics and History, and a PhD in economics. She has more than 20 years’ experience teaching economics, finance, leadership, and management at the Naval Academy, the Air Force Academy, and Hawaii Pacific University.
Mary is also a member of MENSA and the American Economics Association. She is the recipient of the U.S. Air Force Academy Outstanding Educator and Instructor of the Year awards.
Mary has published books on leadership, productivity, communication, and business growth. Her best-selling book, “Master Your World” launched her international leadership speaking career.
Her other titles include:
- 15 Ways to Grow Your Business in Every Economy
- Money Smart: How Not to Buy Cat Food When You Don’t Have a Cat
- 360 Degrees of Leadership: Navigating Around the Icebergs
- Stop the Barking
- In Case of Emergency, Break Glass!
- Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success
Hundreds of Mary’s articles been published in thousands of magazines, newspapers and journals worldwide.
Today, Mary is a popular motivational leadership keynote speaker for conferences and events. Mary earned the CSP, the Certified Speaking Professional designation, which is earned by less than 1% of professional speakers, and is the highest designation awarded by the National Speakers Association. In 2015 Mary was the National Speakers Association Member of the Year in Colorado.
Mary loves business strategy, succession planning, and leadership development that yields results. She also loves helping other people succeed, which is what makes her an effective executive business coach.
In her spare time, Mary is active in her community. She is on several local and national boards, and she travels internationally for charity work. On the weekends, you can find Mary whitewater rafting, enjoying a glass of red wine, and thinking about running with her dogs.
“I’ve known Mary since 1997. She is an amazingly effective leader, manager, and coach. She is creative, inspirational, and energetic. She embodies the highest sense of personal integrity and commitment.”
-Rod Gibbons, APR, Vice President of Corporate Communications at Amtrak
Master Your World: 10 Executive Leadership Strategies to Improve Productivity, Profits, and Communications
In this informative, engaging, and entertaining program, audiences learn what it takes to be a great leader, which results in a great team. Leadership is about creating a vision as well as executing the strategy. Leadership is also why people, and companies, succeed or fail. Some people believe leadership is limited to the people at the top, but real leadership happens at all levels in every organization. True leaders strategically plan and implement long-term programs to take advantage of talent and increase morale throughout the organization.
Everyone benefits when leaders apply three core techniques, and then refine them with seven critical applications.
Master Your World is packed with templates and tools so leaders can start achieving optimal results right away.
Specifically, participants learn:
- What most employees are not getting from their leaders and managers that they need to be more effective and successful in their jobs
- How to implement actionable items to create cohesive teamwork and better engage those around you
- How to improve personal and professional productivity with less stress
- Ways to best use your networks and relationships to further your influence and your
- How to be more fulfilled and more productive at work (and at home) by applying the Master Your World techniques
Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success
The news is full of leadership failures. Why do so many good people, when they rise to leadership positions, so often struggle? Good leadership seems easy, in theory but executing, and fostering strong, effective leadership in corporations and organizations is tough.
The military focus on leadership is not an accident. Leadership is most critical during times of crisis. As Mary says, “Anyone can lead a team of highly-motivated, well-paid, good-hearted employees when there are no problems. That isn’t leadership.” Leadership happens when things are tough and there are problems to solve.
The program and book, Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success, developed from studying over 10,000 military, government, and business people, and analyzing what leaders did right and wrong.
In this cutting-edge program, participants will gain:
- Insight into behaviors that may be sabotaging the loyalty of their direct reports
- Understanding about why their top talent may not be performing up to their potential
- Tools to align team goals with organizational mission
- Awareness of how they are perceived by their direct reports, peers, and supervisors
- Capacity to see leadership situations from different perspectives
- A personalized leadership assessment to help identify leadership strengths and weaknesses
Change Management: Survive and Thrive in the New Economy
Change is fun for some people, but miserable for others. Personality types, job positions, seniority, and past experiences all determine how different people react to the idea of changing the way they conduct business. Understanding how people respond and addressing their concerns in advance of implementing change can determine the success or failure of the new process.
Change management is a critical part of any organization that leads, manages, or enables people to accept and embrace new processes, technologies, systems, structures and values. This fun and interactive experience explores how health care professionals can maximize new opportunities and help others understand the change process.
Learning how to survive and thrive in times of change as well as:
- Address the concerns and barriers of the people who will need to adopt the new methods.
- Understand be able to relieve the anxiety and trepidation of the supporting roles.
- Overcome the uncertainty obstacles that impede necessary change to achieve
- Ensure that everyone in the organization is ready, willing, and able to perform
his or her role in the new environment.
Outcomes: Through this entertaining and interactive session focusing on leading change, we increase productivity. Participants learn how to best implement change, how to explain why the change is being happening, how it is going to benefit them, and why adapting to the new system is in their best self-interest. We overcome ambiguities, barriers, resistance, and reluctance to change behavior and methodologies.